Greek Cattle Farming – Α graphical analysis

Click HERE to see that graphical analysis of the Greek cattle farming prospects.

  • The Greek milk production covers only 46% of the Greek needs. The remaining 54% is imported from the EU.
  • During the dairy quota regime, Greece never attained the allocated quantity and lacked by ~30%.
  • The abolition of the quota regime creates side effects, prices declining and is expected to upset the Greek dairy sector.
  • Greece, with farm gate prices higher by 37% over the mean EE-28, is a clear market target for all these countries having production overruns.
  • The last overquota quantity corresponds to 2.2 times the annual Greek needs. This simply means that Greece is very much vulnerable to massive imports.

Greek farmers must diversify & modernize in order to ensure their income.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *